Effective Date: [07.22.2022]
- Personal Information: Personal Information means information about a particular individual or household that identifies, relates to, describes, could be reasonably linked with, or could be used to identify that person or household (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). It also includes other information that may be associated with your Personal Information, such as your Usage Data (defined below), location, preferences or interests, if that information can be used to identify you or your household.
- Services: As noted above, our Services include the https://www.securitases.com website owned and operated by SES as well as any services provided, including, but not limited to, monitoring, preventative maintenance and service, inspection, managed, hosted, embedded and online services
- Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device). Additional information about the Cookies we may use is provided below.
- User (also referred to as “Data Subject”): Any individual who uses our Website or Services and is the subject of Personal Information collected and/or processed.
- Information Collection and Use
We use your information to provide the Services that you request, to improve the Services we offer to you, to respond to requests and offer customer support, and to fulfill legal and contractual obligations. Through your use of the Website or Services, we may collect information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you. This information may be provided to us directly by you, from service providers and third parties, and/or technologically gathered through your use of our Website and Services, as described in greater detail below.
Included below is a list of several different types of information that is collected and used to provide and improve our Services to you.
- Personal Information. While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with or otherwise obtain certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information,” as defined above). Such Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, email address, other contact information or identifiers, username, payment card information, customer records/purchase history usage data (e.g., information about how you use our Services) as described below, and professional/employment related information. Please note that our Services are provided almost exclusively to business customers; and, as such, much of the information that we collect about you pertains to our business relationship with our customers. If you are applying for a position with us, please see our Candidate Privacy Notice. We also collect this information through your use of the Services, including through automated means, and sometimes from third-parties.
- Generic Information. Generic information is information that does not directly reveal the identity of a SES client, or visitor to the Website (“Generic Information”). This information may include Usage Data (defined below) and other aggregate usage metrics such as total number of Website visitors, pages viewed, and usage patterns within the Website, etc. This may also include information about your device. We may automatically gather some Generic Information from our members, clients, and Website visitors. At times, the combination of various types of data, including Generic Information and Usage Data, may enable you to be identified, and may therefore qualify as Personal Information.
- Usage Data: We may also collect information on how you access and use our Services (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Examples of Cookies and tracking data we may use include:
- Session Cookies. We use session cookies to remember your selections and/or changes you make when you interact with our Website. Session cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted once you close your Internet browser.
- Preference Cookies. We use preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings. Preference cookies are first party cookies that remain on your computer or device until you delete them or they are otherwise removed upon expiration.
- Log Files. The Website server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Website. We may also log your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address for system administration and troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet).
- Cookies Accepted: These are used to keep track of whether the user has accepted the cookie usage or not. This is not set unless the visitor clicks “Accept” in the cookie banner at the top of the Website.
Your Cookie Choices
- How We Collect Information
SES collects and obtains your information in a few ways. Your information may be provided to us directly by you, from service providers and third parties, and/or technologically gathered through your use of our Website and Services, as described in greater detail below:
- Information Provided by You
We collect information that you decide to share with us. At times, we may require you to provide certain information – including Personal Information – in order to use certain parts of our Website, fulfill your requests with us, or provide you with certain Services. For instance, we may require you to provide your name, email address or other contact information when you contact us with a question or comment. Additionally, we may need you to provide certain Personal Information to use other portions of our Services. This information may include:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our Website when registering on our site, placing an order, subscribing to our newsletter.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Website or request information about our Services.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and/or Services, including your credit card, debit card, or bank account information required to complete the transaction.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including home addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers).
- Information that you choose to provide if you apply for a job at SES.
- Information that you provide if you use our “contact us” services. For example, we may ask you to provide your name, telephone number, e-mail address and message. SES may retain and monitor these messages.
- Information We Obtain When You Use Our Services
As noted above, we collect certain information from you through your use of our Services, such as Usage Data. For instance, in using our Website, we may collect information about the device you use to log into, access, and use the Website. We may collect other Generic Information in relation to how you use our Website or other Services (for example, aggregate metrics on how often certain pages on our Website are accessed and viewed).
We also may collect information through the use of cookie, pixel tags, or other technologies, as described above.
- Information We Obtain from Third Parties
We may also obtain information about you from our third party service providers who help us provide our Services to you. For example, we obtain anonymous information, such as user activity, demographic information, and general location from Google Analytics. We may also receive Personal Information from third parties, such as employment search companies and social media outlets.
This Website is not directed to children, and SES does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have Personal Information of a child under age 16, we will remove it.
For EU visitors to our site, we ask that parental consent be provided if any Personal Information from children under the age of 16 is provided.
If we receive a complaint which states that a User is under 13 years of age, we will additionally comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”).
- Purposes for Collecting, Processing, and Using Your Information
- Business and Other Purposes for Collection
SES collects, processes (or asks our service providers to process on our behalf), and uses your Personal Information for operational, legal, administrative, and other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law, including to provide our Services to you. Some of the ways we may use your Personal Information include:
- To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your device.
- To perform a contract with you, or provide the information, products, or Services you request from SES.
- To advertise products and Services that we think may be of interest to you.
- To provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage accounts, and respond to requests, questions, and comments.
- To assist with fraud prevention, improve the security of our networks, assist with enhancing the physical security of our clients, and reporting suspected criminal activity to law enforcement.
- To comply with applicable laws, in response to a lawful and enforceable request by a law enforcement, judicial, or other public authority, or in connection with an applicable legal obligation.
- How We Use Your Information
Such general uses include, but are not limited to:
- To fulfill your information request and to receive information and materials from us, such as brochures or reports.
- To provide and maintain our Services.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services.
- To monitor the usage of our Services.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To facilitate various aspects of the Website, such as content on the Website, and email messages we send you in connection with your use of the Website may include advertisements that may be selected for you based on your demographic information, interests, preferences, and usage patterns within the Website.
- We may also use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to:
- personalize our Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
- provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information;
- monitor and analyze our effectiveness and third party marketing activities;
- monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
If you are an SES employee, contractor, supplier, client or other partner, the use and protection of Personal Information may be subject to additional contractual obligations between us, including without limitation, additional SES policies and/or SES’s parent company Securitas AB (“Securitas”) policies, such as the Securitas Code of Business Ethics.
- How We Disclose or Share Your Information
We will only provide your Personal Information if it is necessary in order to provide you with the information you have requested. However, SES may disclose your information in a number of ways in order to provide our Services to you. For instance, we may share your information with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the purpose of processing your Personal Information to respond to your request. Additionally, we may share your personal information within the Securitas group of companies, such as with a the parent company of SES. We and our affiliates subsidiaries will only use the information as described in this notice.
We may also provide your Personal Information to third party service providers who assist SES to facilitate or provide certain services in relation to SES business and therefore process Personal Information on SES’s behalf. These include:
- IT service companies that host our Website or assist us in developing our Website;
- IT support service providers; and
- Other third party service providers, such as software providers.
These third party service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide its service to us.
We may also disclose or share your information for the following purposes:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend SES’s rights or property.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
- When there is a good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to our guests, visitors, associates, or property (including the Website), or to others (including SES itself). This may include disclosures to law enforcement to investigate potential criminal activity or other civil violations.
- Categories of Third Parties that Receive Personal Information from SES
We share or otherwise disclose individuals’ Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers: We employ third party service providers, companies, individuals, and agents to facilitate and help us provide our Services to you. Such service providers perform tasks or functions on our behalf, provide Services-related services, or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used or delivered. These third parties are granted access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Two examples of these Service Providers are Google Analytics™ and CrazyEgg.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Information collected: Cookie and Usage Data.
Place of processing: USA
Crazy Egg (Crazy Egg, Inc.)
Crazy Egg may receive and collect certain information furnished by the visitor’s browser or otherwise by their access device (“Device Information”), such as: browser information, operating system information, mobile device information (e.g., device identifier, mobile operating system, etc.), IP address (stored in anonymized form), page accessed, geographic location, time of visit (by day, week, and duration), whether the visitor is a new or return visitor, or other such Information as may be delivered or shared by the applicable browser or access software or device.
Crazy Egg does not collect information through its customers’ websites for any advertising purposes, nor do they collect any personally identifiable information via our Website. However, you may not wish to be tracked by Crazy Egg in any way.
Personal Information collected: Cookie and Usage Data.
Place of processing: USA
SES does not combine the information collected through its Service Providers with other Personal Information.
- Personal Information Sold
SES does not sell Personal Information. .
- Transfer of Data
We may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the purpose of that relevant subsidiary or affiliated company processing your Personal Information to respond to your request. We will only transfer your Personal Information to the subsidiary or affiliated company that needs to receive your data in order to provide you with the information you have requested.
- Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic usage is 100% secure. We take all reasonable technical, organizational, and otherwise, measures to protect Personal Information collected on our Website and elsewhere from being subject to accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, disclosure without authorization, and any other unlawful actions. Moreover, SES takes all judicious legal, technical, and organizational measures to ensure that all Personal Information is handled with a sufficient level of security. Furthermore, SES takes all reasonable measures to protect Personal Information during transfers of said information to a third party.
Despite the security measures taken, SES cannot guarantee the protection of the data you provide us. By using our Website and Services, you acknowledge that there are data security and privacy limitations inherent to the use of the Internet, and that the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information exchanged between you and SES, or between you and other related entities, cannot be guaranteed.
- Your Data Protection & Privacy Rights
- Right to Opt Out or Stop Processing
You can always limit the information you provide to SES. You can also request that we limit the communications that we send to you. To opt-out of emails or to stop the processing of your Personal Information, please select the respective hyperlinks from the following fields and complete the request as instructed: Click here to complete the request. Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still need to contact you with transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of marketing emails, we may still respond to your specific requests or send you activity confirmations.
- Right to Access, Correct, Update, or Delete
Upon written request, SES will disclose to you the Personal Information we hold about you, and will endeavor, to the extent technically feasible, to delete, or otherwise render inaccessible, your Personal Information. You may also request that we correct or amend your Personal Information— please select the respective hyperlinks from the following fields and complete the request as instructed: Click here to complete the request.
We are also committed to making sure that any Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You have the right to request access to, or correction, updating or deletion of your Personal Information, and we can only make changes to your Personal Information if you notify us. SES will undertake good faith efforts to respond to your request without undue delay, or not later than 30 days from receipt of your request, and following verification of your identity. These requests may be subject to the evaluation of additional factors, including disproportionate burden or expense, or the risk to the rights, including privacy rights, of others. Note, that consistent with applicable law, we may retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our rights or agreements, and for other lawful business purposes.
- Other EU Rights
If you reside in the EU, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your appropriate data protection authority about the handling of your Personal Information.
- Opting Out of Marketing Communications
Your Personal Information may be used to provide you with information regarding additional opportunities and information about SES products and services; and by using the Website and providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to such use. However, to the extent required by law, we will provide mechanisms for opting out of mass marketing communications delivered to you through the Personal Information we have collected or have otherwise obtained consent for in the manner required by applicable law.
Opt out mechanisms will normally be available on the relevant email or Website, but you may refer to Section VIII (a) above for the relevant opt out provision. Requests to opt out of communications based on data controlled by third parties must be made through the third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, there may be some jurisdictions requiring stricter opt-in versus opt-out mechanisms relating to these types of communications and we will comply with the applicable laws in such locations.
- California residents and residents of countries within the European Union (“EU”) / European Economic Area (“EEA”). SES takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, and exercise other rights available under applicable law. SES therefore informs you that, where applicable under relevant law, you are entitled to the following:
- Right to Access / Disclosure: The right to have access to your Personal Information upon simple request – that is, you may receive a copy of such data upon receipt of a verifiable request, along with other information related to the processing.
- Disclosure of Direct Marketers: The right to have access upon simple request, and free of charge, the categories and names of addresses of third parties that have received Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. Please see the “More Information About Your Rights as California Resident” section below for more information.
- Selling, Sharing, or Disclosing Personal Information: Upon receipt of a verifiable request, to obtain a list of:
- The categories of Personal Information collected about you, sold to third parties, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes;
- The categories of Personal Information sold within the last 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom Personal Information is shared, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information under certain circumstances.
- Right to Correction: The right to correct your Personal Information if you find it is inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete.
- Right to Deletion / “Right to be Forgotten”: The right to obtain the deletion of your Personal Information in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law.
- Withdrawal of Consent to Processing: The right to withdraw your consent to the data processing without affecting the lawfulness of processing, where your Personal Information has been collected and processed based on your consent and not any other basis.
- Right to Object: The right to object to the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances, in which case we may ask you to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation.
- Right to Restrict Processing: The right to request limits to the processing of your data, when allowed by and in circumstances set forth under applicable law.
- Right to Data Portability: The right to have your Personal Information directly transferred by us to a third-party processor of your choice (where technically feasible; may be limited to situations when processing is based on your consent).
- Right to Non-Discrimination. As defined under relevant law, you have a right to non-discrimination in the Services or quality of Services you receive from us for exercising your rights.
To exercise any of the rights listed above, please select the respective hyperlinks from the following fields and complete the request as instructed: Click here to complete the request. Note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- Third Parties with Whom Personal Information of California Residents is Shared
SES shares your Personal Information with analytics and service providers, benefits providers, and law enforcement (if necessary).
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following Personal Information about California consumers for business purposes:
- We share your Personal Information with third-party service providers who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf or for your benefit, such as for marketing, analytics or to verify customer data, such as mailing addresses.
- We share your Personal Information as part of corporate business transactions, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, and information is transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information of California residents.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about minors under 16 years of age.
- Exercising Your CCPA Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights with respect to the collection, use, transfer, and processing of your Personal Information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). In addition to the rights outlined above, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the preceding twelve (12) month period free of charge, upon receipt of a verifiable request. Once a verifiable consumer request has been received and confirmed, SES will work to promptly process such request. Please note, SES must be able to verify your information in order to process your request. For that reason, please include the email address we would be most likely to possess.
SES seeks to be as transparent as possible in protecting and respecting your privacy rights. As such, if you choose to exercise these rights, please select the respective hyperlinks from the following fields and complete the request as instructed: Click here to complete the request.
More Information About Your Rights as California Resident
Request Access to Specified Information
As a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, you have the right to submit a request at the designated hyperlinks included in each right listed here:
- You have the right to request the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year;
- You have the right to request the names and addresses of third parties that received the information; and
- You have the right, if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, to obtain examples of the products or services marketed.
Deletion Right Request
You have the right to request that any of your Personal Information that SES collected and retained, be deleted. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request we will delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies, and direct our service providers to do the same.
Please note that we may deny your deletion request if retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide the goods or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our business relationship, or fulfill our contractual obligations with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious activity, and prosecute those involved;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that may impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise free speech rights, or another right as guaranteed by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the requested deletion might seriously damage the chance of that research’s achievement, if informed consent was previously provided;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based upon our existing relationship;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Please note that SES is not required to provide or delete any of the above information related to its employees, agents, or contractors.
Under the CCPA, a consumer can appoint an “authorized agent” to make certain verifiable requests on their behalf, such as the right to know what information we collect about the consumer or to request deletion of the consumer’s information. Because the security and privacy of your information is paramount, we will ask that you identify and provide permission in writing for such persons to act as your authorized agent and exercise your applicable rights under the CCPA in such situations. This may require us to contact you directly and alert you that an individual has claimed to be your agent and is attempting to access or delete your information. We will also independently verify your identity to ensure that an unauthorized person is not attempting to impersonate you and exercise your rights without authorization. We will not share your information or honor any other requests in those situations where you cannot or do not grant permission in writing for an identified authorized agent to act on your behalf, or where we cannot independently verify your identity.
- Links to Other Sites
We exercise no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party site or services.
- Other Securitas Sites
- Contact Us
Securitas Electronic Security, Inc. \ 3800 Tabs Drive \ Uniontown, OH 44685 \ (855) 331-0359